What is the material of the Food Container?
The former fast Food Container is made of the same material as plastic. The high temperature will produce harmful substances and it is not easy to degrade. Nowadays, the disposable lunch box mainly consists of PP polypropylene and PS polystyrene, which are non-toxic, tasteless and odorless. PP is softer. Generally, PP is used at temperatures ranging from -6 degrees to +120 degrees. Therefore, it is especially suitable for hot meals. It can be heated in a microwave oven or even cooked in a steam cabinet. The temperature of the modified PP can be controlled. At -18 degrees to +110 degrees, the lunch box made of this PP can be used in the refrigerator instead of being heated to 100 degrees.
PS is hard and transparent, but it is easy to tear. PS starts to soften when the temperature reaches 75 degrees, so it is not suitable for hot meals. But PS has good low temperature performance and is the best packaging material for ice cream.
In order to reduce the cost, some lunch boxes use PP as a box and PS as a cover. The advantage is that the cover is transparent and the PS is hard. It can be made of thinner materials, which reduces the cost, but the consumer must understand the two materials. Difference, remember not to put the whole box with the lid and put it in the microwave to heat it.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Disposable plastic cups How to buy is safe
- Application of disposable Meal box
- How to distinguish a good disposable tableware?
- What to avoid when using plastic containers?
- Plastic cups advantage and harm
- Use of plastic packaging containers
- Notes on tea cup sealing
- Benefits of PP Plastic tea cup
- Method of identification of whether plastic pro...
- What is pp material
- Can Food Container be used to steam things?
- How to wash the transparent plastic lunch box?
- Pp water cup safe?
- Children's kettle material is PP or PC is good